Have you ever woken up from an amazing night of sleep craving something terrible?
Here I was, 7:30am, in my kitchen baking brownies and trying to find a way to avoid using any oil or butter because it’s not because I want to pig out on brownies at 7:30am that I want to gain a million pounds.
Did you know you can substitute avocado for butter using a 1 : 1 ratio in your baked goods and get the same result?
YES YOU CAN!! …and these bad boys are the perfect example that it is possible to bake without butter or oil. Pillow soft (80% cake like and 20% fudge like), not too sweet and a perfectly balanced dark chocolate taste for the fancy palate.
I have topped mine with simple, sliced almonds but add a little sugar glaze on top and they become out of this world!
- 1 small, ripen avocado (makes about ½ cup of mashed avocado)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅓ cup of RAW cocoa powder
- ¾ cup of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of sliced almonds for the garnish
- - Pre-heat your oven at 350. Line a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Reserve
- - On a flat surface, mash your avocado with a fork till it become a smooth paste. Transfer it in a mixing bowl.
- - Add the cane sugar and egg in the bowl and whisk well. Add the rest of the ingredients except the almonds, mix well till the mixture become smooth again.
- - Transfer on your baking sheet (it will form a nice circle) and spread your sliced almonds on top. Bake in you're pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes. Let cool down completely before cutting.