Instant pots are awesome. I havent been talking a lot about them just yet but let’s say that mine is being use quite often and helps me eat food that would only be possible with many hours of prep and cooking. In about one hour, instead of six, I get a perfect meal. This soup is like the soup you’ll throw in at the last minute but will make you look like you’ve actually done something amazing.
To add the swag to your simple soup, it’s all about the toppings. I kept it simple, for this one, and topped the soup with the thinly sliced dried peppers that you often find on a juicy bowl of ramens and a few drops of sesame oil and sea salt flakes (Maldon) – to add a fun twist.
- 100g of red lentils
- 270g of cubed sweet potatoes
- 1kg of chicken stock (I used a homemade chicken bone broth - the best quality of stock you have, the better quality your soup will be)
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- - Prep all your ingredients and place them in the Instant pot.
- - Pressure cook - Pressure level: normal / 40minutes.
- - Quick release or natural release (it doesn't matter at this point)
- - Blend everything to a soup and voila!