Today’s post is a 2 in 1…
Just the kimchi soup on it’s own is already delicious but once it a while I use to it make something a little bit more filling like this grilled smokey tempeh with lentils and rice filling bowl.
Two very simple, fully vegan recipes that can save you some precious time in the kitchen and keep you healthy and happy *^_^*
- For the Kimchi Soup:
- 1 cup of dino kale leaves (cut length wise)
- ½ yellow onion, cut in quarters
- 1 tightly packed tablespoon of fresh basil
- 4 small carrots (cut length wise)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of reduced salt soy sauce
- ½ cup of cabbage kimchi
- 4 cups of chicken broth (reduced salt)
- salt & pepper to taste
- For the Plate:
- Cooked Rice (I used Basmati)
- Grilled, Tempeh Bacon squares from - add brand here
- Cooked, Green Lentils
- - Make the soup. In a medium stainless steel pan, on the stove top(medium/high heat), add your olive oil, garlic, onion, carrots and grill for a 2-3 minutes till all the goodness come out of your ingredients.
- - Add the kale, basil, kimchi and all the liquid. Let simmer on medium to medium low heat for at least 1h to 2-3h.
- Serve as a soup or make a bowl with a base of rice, lentils and smoked tempeh.