When I became nomad, almost a year ago, I knew my kitchen habits had to chance. Done with the luxury of being able to buy a big pot of mayonnaise without worrying if it would be done in time. Since we have been renting fully furnished apartments and we’ve been living in our suitcases, being able to store items in the fridge for weeks/months on end isn’t an option anymore.
You obviously don’t need to be nomad to make your own mayo. You should have the desire to do so already because of the simple fact that you’ll feel extremely accomplished making this basic commodity that we’re so used to buy and you’ll be able to customize it exactly the way you want. What I’m giving you today is a base, feel free to jazz it up by adding your favourite spices to make it your own.
The most important knowledge to have when you want to make your own mayonnaise is about your eggs.
ONLY USE THE FRESHEST EGGS to make your mayo because nobody wants to eat old raw eggs. Will keep for about a week in the fridge.
- 1 cup of avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- -- Equipment needed, a hand blender
- - Put all the ingredients in a deep and thin container, if there is one that comes with your hand blender, use that one.
- - Use your stick blender attachment and look at the magic happen!
that’s it… it’s THAT easy to made homemade mayonnaise.