Every time I get the chance to eat at ChezBong in Chinatown, the Korean green onion pancakes is something I almost always order. What’s being presented to you, today, isn’t an authentic Korean recipe but it’s been inspired by the savoury pancakes recipe you can find in Maangchi‘s cookbook. It’s been said on Twitch already but, thank you so much again to the sweet reader who bought me this book, so much deliciousness in there from such an incredible lady.
So here it is… my twist on the beloved Korean green onion pancakes made with homemade kimchi, lobster, grilled corn and the obvious: green onions.
- For the pancakes:
- Cooked meat of 1 lobster
- 1 cup of grilled corn buts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup of kimchi, roughly chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons of sesame oil + extra for the pan.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of cold water
- For the dipping sauce:
- 3 tablespoons of authentic rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of reduced in salt soy sauce
- drops of Shriraccha
- drops of sesame oil
- sliced green onions (green part)
- sliced garlic clove
- - Heat up a non stick pan on medium. Drop a decent amount of sesame oil only once the pan is super hot.
- - Mix everything for the pancake batter until it's smooth and well incorporated.
- - Cook the pancakes in the oil and turn them on each side a few times until they are nicely grilled and crunchy. It takes a little while before them get crunchy on the side so don't despair.
- - Mix the sauce and let it rest.
- - Serve roughly chopped in square pieces with the dipping sauce.