I wasn’t sure how to call this one. Is it a soup? Is it a bowl?
Since I didn’t make a “bowl” category, this went in the soup section. Searching for something easy to make, filling, healthy and super delicious? …Or, like me, you just came across a BIG bag of carrot at the grocery and you need to use it asap?
The recipe calls for carrot “noodles”… to make them, use your hand grater and like if you were to remove the first layer of skin, continue grating more and more of your carrot till you arrive at the core. Personally, I don’t use the core for “noodles” because the taste is a little too strong in my opinion but by all mean, save the planet, don’t be picky like me and use the whole thing. *^_^*
Hope you enjoy this recipe,
Bon Appétit! 🙂
- 1½ cup of thin (half moon slices) of leek (about 1 small one, white and light green part only)
- 2 big garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tightly packed up of carrot "noodles"
- 1 tightly packed cup of fresh baby spinach, blanched
- ½ cup of chickpeas
- ½ tightly packed cup of small cubes of chicken breast (time to use your left overs)
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of minced cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of miso paste
- salt & pepper to taste
- --------------- Extra
- Cooked Rice (at the bottom of the bowl)
- Extra chopped cilantro as garnish
- - Medium/High heat on the stove top, add the oil, leek and garlic, grill of a few minutes till everything become softer.
- - Add the broth, the carrot "noodles", tomato paste. Cover. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- - Uncover, add the rest of the ingredients. Cover again, let simmer for a few minutes so all the taste mix and serve in a bowl, on a bed of cooked rice with some broth covering the rice.
- - Add some extra chopped cilantro for the garnish and/or black pepper.