Hard to beat this dish in term of comfort food and so quick and easy when you’re using an Instant Pot.
This recipe could be easily converted in a stove top version if you don’t have an Instant Pot, it will only takes a little longer.
I own the 7in1 duo mini Instant pot and it’s what I used for this recipe.
- 390g of small potatoes (I used a mix of white, red & purple potatoes)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 100g of frozen corn bits (canned is ok as well)
- 100g of frozen peas (canned is ok too but don't put them in the Instant pot and add them at the end with the chicken.)
- 170g of small cubes of carrots (about 2)
- 600g of chicken stock
- 15g of salted butter
- 20g of all purpose flour
- 7g of Worcestershire sauce
- 100g of cooked, shredded chicken
- Salt & pepper to taste
- - Put all the following ingredients in the Instant pot: potatoes, garlic, frozen corn, frozen peas & 400g of chicken stock. Pressure level: Normal & Timer: 30mins.
- - Quick release the steam when it's done and separate the liquid to the solids, keeping both.
- - In a deep pot on the stove top, melt the butter and add the flour while mixing to create a nice paste (aka roux). Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- - Slowly add the liquid from the Instant pot while whisking and making sure to break all the butter/flour clumps. Then add the remaining 200g of chicken stock.
- - Add all the ingredients to the pot and let simmer for 5 minutes. Salt & pepper to taste.