A fun salad that you can eat warmed up or cold with a nice crunch and a sweet whey dressing.
Top it with a poached egg and make it a meal or enjoy it on it’s own or as a side. Personally, the version with the poached egg is my favorite and with a few droplet of hot sauce it’s even better!
- 250g of cooked brown rice
- 45g of chopped black olives
- 85g of frozen or fresh corn bits
- 20g of thinly slices (half moons) green onions (about 2 big)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 30g of raw almonds, unsalted, finally chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons of oil
- For the dressing:
- 15g of Mirin
- 20g of whey from making fresh cheese
- 5-10g of lemon juice
- 8g of very finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- - Mix the ingredients for the dressing. Reserve.
- - On the stove top, on medium high heat, add the oil, olives, corn, green onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Add the chopped almond and mix well. Transfer in to the rice and mix well.
- - Suggested toppings: Poach egg and/or bits of the fresh cheese you made to get the whey.
- - Store the salad and the dressing separately.