Because the simplest meals are often the best…
Fire Roasted Tomatoes & Parmesan Penne
Cuisine: Italian Inspired
- 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- ½ to ¾ cup of chopped (big pieces) yellow onion
- 3 cups of cooked Penne pasta
- 1 cup of broccoli florets, steamed for 3-4mins
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets, steamed for 3-4mins
- 2 cups of fire roasted diced tomatoes (canned - take the juice too)
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan + extra for as garnish
- salt pepper to taste
- - Steam your cauliflowers & broccolis
- - In a medium sauce pan, on medium/high heat, grill the fresh garlic and chopped onion in 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- - Add your steamed veggies, canned tomatoes and salt and pepper. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- - Add your cooked pasta, stir, lower heat, and add the ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Voilà! *^_^*