Fancy toasts are becoming a daily appearance in my kitchen, these past few days, and I’ve been wanting to share this one for a while. After being a huge fan of the avocado toasts, I figure why not try the new internet sensation (in the foodie world at least): the sweet potato toast.
The taste didn’t disappoint as the sweet aroma of the potatoes and the spicy, smokey and aromatic topping come to add an interesting extra dimension.
Because even on your busy week mornings you deserve something fun and different for breakfast…. Enjoy!
- For the nutty toping:
- 1 tablespoon of raw, sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of brown flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon of black chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon of minced green onions - white and light green parts only
- ¼ teaspoon of smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of avocado oil (or any light to no taste oil)
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- For the toast:
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, mashed
- French Baguette, sliced sideways and lightly toasted.
- - Roast the Potatoes
- - Slice the baguette sideways and lightly toast it.
- - Mix the nutty topping in a bowl. Reserve.
- - Spread mashed potatoes on the breads, add the topping.
- - Drip a little honey on top of each toast and enjoy!