These little gem are the result of a “cookie experiment” which did not end up the way I expected. Although it created these little babies that are the perfect cookies to eat if you don’t have a sweet tooth but still crave something sweet.
They are simply delicious, plain as they are, and can also become something much more extravagant like sandwich cookies or dipped in chocolate.
- ¾ cup of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of almond meal/flour
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted if yours is hardened)
- ¼ cup of cane sugar
- ¼ cup of light brown sugar
- - In a mixing bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients. Reserve
- - In another mixing bowl, whisk together the last 4 ingredients till you end up with a "smooth" paste
- - Add your dry ingredients to your other mixture and mix well to create your dough
- - Refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 20-30 minutes before baking your first batch of cookies.
- - Pre-heat your oven at 350, line a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Reserve
- - Make small balls of dough with your hands, deposit them on the baking sheet far apart. Bake for 12 minutes.