After living in the Portuguese area of Montreal for many years, I became a little addicted with Chorizo. As I traveled around, I noticed that every Chorizo is made a little differently and I’m starting to miss the soft and spicy version I was able to find at my beloved Portuguese grocery.
Here’s a simple recipe that brings me back to my time eating my favourite type of Chorizo.. Hope you like it!
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion (regular size), finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 big Chorizo, sliced
- 1½ cup of sliced and skin removed red potatoes (about 2-3)
- 1 cup of apply cider
- 1 teaspoon of Shiro miso
- 1 tightly packed cup of chopped broccolini
- 1 tightly packed cup of sliced orange bell pepper (1 big one)
- 1 decently packed cup of sliced Shitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of regular soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- - Medium/High heat, on the stove top, in a flat bottom pan (I used a non-stick), add the olive oil, minced garlic and chopped onions. Grill for 2-3 minutes till they start softening and then add the sliced Chorizo. Continue grilling all together (while mixing from time to time) for an extra 3 minutes.
- - Deglaze the pan with your apple cider, mix everything for 1 minute before adding the rest of your ingredients.
- - Once every ingredient is in the pan, continue mixing from time to time till all the liquid is absorb and the potatoes are cooked to your liking (about 7 to 10 minutes)
- - Taste your creation and adjust the salt & pepper content needed.