There’s been quit a bit of movements on my Instagram story lately. Today’s #FoodieExperiment was the “Breakfast Poutine” but beside my idea being pretty good, a lot of refinement will be needed before making it a “blog post worthy” recipe.
These maple flavoured green beans is another recipe I’ve shared today and I decided to post it right away because it really is my favourite way to eat green beans. Seriously… is there anything maple syrup cants do?!!
The inspiration came from the amazing ones I ate, a while back, at the sugar shack “Au Pied de Cochon”. Instead of almonds, I used grilled, shelled, raw pumpkin seeds and added a few coarse pieces of maldon salt on top for a slight crunch and clash of taste. Hope you enjoy this quick side dish that goes perfectly with a nicely grilled red meat or even just like that on basmati rice.
- Fresh Green Beans (enough for two people)
- ½ teaspoon of salted butter
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of shelled, raw pumpkin seeds - coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- A Pinch of Maldon sea salt flakes (or a small coarsely crushed sea salt of your choice)
- Coarsely crushed black peppercorns (to taste)
- - Stove top, Non stick pan, Medium/High heat
- - Heat the oil and butter together, once it starts bubbling a little add green beans
- - Add the pinch of salt, pepper. Add the nuts
- - Cook till the desired tenderness
- - Remove from heat, mix in the maple syrup and serve.